menu

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Turn A White Cake Mix into Chocolate

I wanted to make chocolate cupcakes the other day but I didn't have a chocolate cake mix.  Yes, I know that I could have made them from scratch but I was in a hurry.  I spent several minutes searching Google for a recipe but could not find what I was looking for (and I wasted a lot of time and yes, it would probably have been quicker to have just made them from scratch) but what can I say, I'm a lazy baker.    I only found one recipe and it contained about eight ingredients.

After trial and error, I have found the perfect in-a-hurry chocolate cupcake recipe.  It works great every time and it taste like homemade !

So if you get ready to make chocolate cupcakes and you reach in your pantry and all you have it a white cake mix, here is what you can do.....

How to turn white cake mix into a chocolate cake mix:


  • Make cake as instructed on box (use whole eggs)

Add these ingredients before mixing

  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour cream

Mix and bake according to directions on box

How to turn a white cake mix into chocolate

PREP TIME5 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
TOTAL TIME20 mins
SERVINGS24 cupcakes

INGREDIENTS
  

  • Add ingredients to mixing bowl as directed on cake mix box
  • Add these ingredients before mixing........
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour cream

INSTRUCTIONS
 

  • Mix and bake according to directions on cake mix box

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10