menu

Sunday, September 4, 2022

GALAXY CUPCAKES

My grandson wanted space themed cupcakes for this birthday party as school so I do what a lot of people do and turned to google.  I kept seeing these galaxy cupcakes and knew this was something I wanted to try.

After a quick trip to Walmart to pick up more black cake dye, I made these super easy galaxy cupcakes.  

I used the chocolate cupcake recipe for Hot Fudge Sundae cupcakes.  You can find that recipe HERE.  

 

I used my old Wedding Cake Frosting recipe on these cupcakes. There are three ways to do this type of frosting.  You can use Crisco only, a combo of Crisco and butter, or only butter.  For a pure white frosting, you will need to use only Crisco. 

I love buttercream but it does not hold up as well in the heat so I used a combination of buttercream and Crisco for this frosting.   I use the Crisco sticks just because they are easy and because I don't normally have Crisco in my house.   

WEDDING CAKE FROSTING

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup Crisco & 1/2 cup butter (or any 1 cup combo of your choice)
  • 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
  • 1 tsp almond flavoring
  • 6 cups powdered sugar 
  • 1/2 cup water, milk, or dairy-free milk substitute 



DIRECTIONS

  1. Place the Crisco and/or butter, milk, and flavorings in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer on low speed just until smooth.  
  2. Begin adding the powdered sugar one cup at a time until the ingredients are completely blended.
  3. Beat on high speed until the frosting is smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
  4. I used the plastic wrap method where you lay out a piece of plastic wrap and spoon a line of each color of frosting and then roll the plastic wrap, twisting the ends. Snip one end of the plastic wrap.
  5. Insert the snipped end of the frosting filled plastic wrapped into your bag that you have fitted with your mouth tip of choice.  

NOTE: Add more liquid or powdered sugar if needed to get desired consistency. Using 6 cups of powdered sugar gives me the exact amount of frosting for 24 cupcakes. 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10